Want to take a trekking trip but fail on the treadmill! This is a lifelike example of what fitness looks like. “Being fit” could be a hazy term for many, but it can simply be defined as the state of being physically or mentally suitable for a task. This article will look at simplifying the term, its relation to health, and tips on achieving fitness.
Is Health Equal to Fitness?
Health is an everyday word that covers various aspects of the body. One could have a healthy heart but not a healthy mind, or be emotionally healthy while being in the obese range on the weighing scale. Fitness is goal-based and one can be fit enough if they go for a walk 1km, in the park, but could fail a fitness test required to compete at the Olympics Marathon. The terms do overlap and can be confusing. Fitness is target-based and requires a special set of exercises, while heath is a fluid term that can be achieved by following a good daily routine.
Steps to Be Fit:
Like any process, certain steps help to get closer to the goal of being fit. One more thing to be mindful of is that fitness has levels. You are the best judge of the amount your body can exert and should always listen to it.
- Goal: As mentioned above, fitness is always goal-oriented. One needs to first fix a target to reach and then take the next steps.
- Self-Realization: You must always take an assessment to understand the current level of physical or mental fitness and the gap to the goal
- Guidance:The exercises needed to achieve this goal are always very specific. Whether it is a workout required for fitting into the description of a runway model or weights training for being getting six-pack abs. Certified training is always the best guide to achieving fitness.
- Being regular: Being fit is a time taking process and one has to be consistent. No matter what the goal is but a never-give-up attitude is mandatory.
- Maintenance: You require special diets for different fitness levels and different goals. You should take consultation for these only from people specialized in this field.
To conclude, to get fit, one must first zero down the need for it. Following the above steps along with advice from experts can easily transform anyone into a fitter version of themselves. Though they differ from natural health and fitness can go hand in hand if done right.